I’ve decided to create a new weekly posting on my blog. Tips on Tuesday will be a day for tips and tricks around the home. A few ideas for cooking, cleaning, storing or saving.
This week Tips on Tuesday takes you to the Riviera Maya and do’s & don’ts
- Do Visit – The Riviera Maya is beautiful and it’s safe
- Don’t drink the water – Resorts provide bottled water for drinking and brushing teeth (water served in restaurants is purified and safe to drink as well)
- Do take a stroll down 5th Ave. It has some beautiful shops.
- Don’t use the ATM machines on 5th ave. They are not linked to the banks and will charge you up to $25 US to use them
- Do use ATM in your resort or at a bank. Regular bank fee of $2 is charged
- Don’t book excursions on the street. These are not reliable sources and may not even show up to take you.
- Do book excursions through your resort. There are many wonderful trips you can take in the Riviera Maya
I hope you found these tips both informative and useful. As I said, Mexico is both beautiful and safe. Like any other place you may visit, you simply have to take a few precautions.