SEO stands for search engine optimization and seo is a vital tool for bloggers. Why? Using SEO accurately, will help people to locate your blog when they are searching various topics online.
Search engines like google are used daily across the world. Anyone who writes wants their product to be easily found by those who are doing the searching. That means you have to optimize or enhance the chance of them finding you.
Okay, but how do you do that? Well, I’ve decided to post a few helpful tips to get you on your way.
1. Choose a focus keyword for your article. Here my focus is “seo is a vital tool”. Make sure this focus keyword appears in the first paragraph of your post.
2. Make sure the focus keyword is in the title of the post. Near the beginning is the best place for it.
3. Make sure the focus keyword is in the url of the post (This is not automatic. Just because it’s in the title doesn’t mean the url will pick it all up.) Check and edit your url to be sure.
4. Include a picture in your post that relates to the focus keyword.
5. Include a link in your post. This can be an external (leaves your blog) or an internal (directs to another page on your blog) link.
6. Posts should be at least 200 words in length
7. Page title should be more than 40 characters but less than 70
Those 7 items are in my opinion essential for good seo in a blog post and will help direct traffic towards your blog.
Wondering how else you can direct traffic to your blog? Check out my post on Stumbling