As an Albertan, beef is a common ingredient in my shopping cart. Especially during the summertime. One cut of beef that I hadn’t tried was the Sterling Silver Beef exclusive to Sobeys. Thanks to a fabulous opportunity they offered me, I bbq’d a beautiful Tri-tip roast for Sunday dinner.
The Sterling Silver Beef Tri-tip is lean and boneless. It’s best grilled or broiled for tender and juicy steak or roast.
I chose an amazing and very simple recipe from inspired to glaze my beef.
- 4 teaspoons Compliments Instant Coffee
- ½ cup hot water
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- ⅔ cup sensations by compliments sweet onion chipotle bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoons compliments fancy molasses
- 1 sterling silver tri-tip about 3lbs
- 1½ tsp salt
- In a small saucepan mix the hot water and coffee to dissolve.
- Add garlic, bbq sauce and molasses.
- Simmer for 2 or 3 min
- reserve ⅔ cups for basting and serving
- pour remainder into a serving dish
- place beef in dish and coat all sides
- sear 3 minutes on each side
- continue cooking until done to your liking
So simple right? Now have a look at this.
If you guys could only smell this, your mouth would be watering right now.
Enough about my personal enjoyment. How about a giveaway? Sobeys is offering one of my readers a $100 GC so they can try the Sterling Beef for themselves. Contest open to Canadians only.
For another chance to win, you can also enter at