Over the next few weeks I want to share a few tips with you. Some I practice myself and some are new to me. They are all about weight control.
Using the word diet is the first hazard. It immediately makes us think of hunger and denial of food we enjoy. That cannot be further from the truth. There are certain foods I love and I simply won’t give up. I’ve just learned how to incorporate them into my daily meals. You can easily learn to do this as well.
1. Drink a full glass of water before you sit down to eat. This will start the connection between your brain and stomache. Usually, you are full much sooner than your brain tells you. That’s why we can get that feeling of bloatedness or being overly full.
2. Eat Breakfast!!! This is so, so important. First it kicks your metabolism off for the day. Second, you’ll have more energy to burn off any excess fat your body is storing and finally, it will keep you from over eating or indulging at lunch and dinner.
3. Choose protein and fibre at breakfast. Studies show that having eggs in the morning increase your bodies ability to burn off stored fat from your waistline. Eggs are high protein and you will stay full much longer.
4. Keep a food diary. Just seeing how much we are consuming and the calorie content can cause you to reduce your food portions.
5. Choose a smaller fork and a smaller plate. Your brain will see larger portions than you actually have.
Next week I’ll have more tips and some foods that can help you gain control.