Over the next few weeks I want to share a few tips with you. Some I practice myself and some are new to me. They are all about weight control.
Using the word diet is the first hazard. It immediately makes us think of hunger and denial of food we enjoy. That cannot be further from the truth. There are certain foods I love and I simply won’t give up. I’ve just learned how to incorporate them into my daily meals. You can easily learn to do this as well.
1. Avoid distractions and slow down. Eat food slower and enjoy the taste. Give your mind the opportunity to realize when it’s full.
2. Blue dishes will help you eat less. Studies show this color does not go well with food making it look unappetizing.
3. Start with a soup or salad. They are filling and low calorie alternatives.
4. If you enjoy brussel sprouts (and I do) eat lots of them. They are high fiber and they boost a hormone in your body that burns stored fat.
5. To learn portion control and to be able to eat whatever you like, here is a trick I used to use. Now it’s habit for me and my sizes are naturally smaller. Put your regular portion on your plate, now remove 1/4. Not a hardship and gives your stomache an opportunity to adjust to the new poriton size. After a couple of weeks, reduce by 1/4 again. You are teaching your body to be more comfortable with smaller portions and yet still continuing to eat favorites like pizza, KFC, garlic cheese bread, pasta….well, ok, those are my favourites but you get the picture.
Also, remember you can check out my recipes page where I post low calorie meals and dishes. Plus, if you missed last weeks tips you can find them here.