Over the next few weeks I want to share a few tips with you. Some I practice myself and some are new to me. They are all about weight control.
Using the word diet is the first hazard. It immediately makes us think of hunger and denial of food we enjoy. That cannot be further from the truth. There are certain foods I love and I simply won’t give up. I’ve just learned how to incorporate them into my daily meals. You can easily learn to do this as well.
1. 1/4 cup of walnuts is about 90 calories and a food that helps burn fat
2. Beans are high in fiber and protein. Try to incorporate them into meals as they are filling.
3. Eating out? Portions are always so large at restaurants. Save 1/4 and bring it home with you. Makes a great lunch and reduces calories so eating out is not such a guilty pleasure.
4. Plan meals the best you can. This usually saves you from using faster food options that are higher fat content.
5. Remember why you are trying to be healthier. Post a message or picture on fridge that will help such as: a picture of child because you want to be there as they grow up, or statistics on obesity and bad food habits etc.
Also, remember you can check out my recipes page where I post low calorie meals and dishes. Plus, if you missed last weeks tips you can find them