Turmeric is a spice most often used in cooking (curry) and imported from India. I myself have used it in the pickling process or to get a certain color I’m looking for.
However, did you know that this incredible spice also has a lot of health benefits and can be bought in capsule and pill form? It’s been used over the years as a natural inflammatory and is great for rhuematoid arthritis. Here are a few more uses for it.
1. Natural antisepctic for cuts and burns
2. Natural liver detoxifier
3. Natural pain killer (recommended for joint pain)
4. Has been shown to slow progress of MS in mice
5. Boosts the efects of chemo drug paclitaxol and reduce side effects
6. May help slow progress or stop progress of alzheimers disease
Curcumin is the active ingredient responsible for anti-inflammatory reductions but it can also help in healing:
4. digestive problems
Research has shown that Turmeric is a wonderful spice that can do all this and more. In my mind, between great taste and health benefits, how can you go wrong? I’d rather be protecting against health issues with spice than taking drugs all the time. Definitely something to think about here!