Today Marks A New Day And A New Year

Party favours for New Years

I’m not a “glass half empty ” or even a “glass half full” kinda gal. Instead, I believe my glass is refillable. That’s how I try to live my life. No matter what occurs during the day, a new day is on the horizon. It’s not always easy but each sunrise is its own opportunity.

When the calandar turns to a new year, many of us take the day to reflect on the past and plan for the future. New goals and fresh hope. Unfortunately, many of us set the bar too high, struggle and then give up on our goals. This year, why not set small, weekly goals that are more attainable? Each one accomplished will raise your spirits instead of tramping on your soul.

Take each day as you do on New Years Day. A new beginning. A fresh start.

Set a goal to eat healthier instead of a “losing weight” goal.

Set a weekly goal to organize a single drawer.

Set a daily goal to say or do something nice.

You’ll feel better and accomplish more. Then, one year from today, you can look back and be proud! Let this year be the year of 365 new beginnings.

Happy New Years!!

Comments

1. bina edwards says:

I’ve been seeing a lot of posts of the first page in a new book !! I sorta like that saying..hope 2016 is everything you want it to be

2. Lynda Cook says:

Happy New Year!! I’m looking forward to my new lifestyle of better eating and getting my diabetes under control!

3. Thank you for some wise words. I am all for small doable goals.

4. Cheryl Grandy says:

I like your way of thinking of the new year. I’m planning lots of small goals this year instead of a couple really big ones.

5. Victoria Ess says:

Happy New Year! I hope 2016 brings you the best of things!

6. Debbie Bashford says:

I like the idea of small goals that you can reach

7. I am guilty of setting the bar to high for myself as well. Very good advise to set smaller goals!!

8. kathy downey says:

I hope to give back more in 2016,i hope all your dreams for the new year come alive for you

9. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

A very Happy New Year to you Tina. I don’t set any goals for myself, I just try to stay fit and healthy 🙂

10. leslie crosbie says:

Happy Hoildays Tina! My 2016 New Years Resolution is to eat healthier too!! I try to a glass half full type of person and my goal is try harder to stay positive because I do believe thinking negative brings negativity into your life!!