Valentines Day is right around the corner. Although not everyone celebrates the day of love, it’s a huge day for the flower industry. Roses top the list, but red carnations, tulips and lilies are also top sellers.
Of course, chocolate is a no brainer. Who doesn’t love to get a special box of chocolate? However, if you want to do different this year, here’s a few suggestions for Valentines gifts of my own.
- Wine – Not an everyday bottle, but something your valentine wouldn’t buy for themselves.
- A subtle perfume. Not everything has to be bold. Subtle scents are sexy.
- A silk scarf.
- Candles, something that smells delicious.
- Something fun, a little naughty, is heart covered undies, for him or her.
- Champagne flutes – don’t forget the champagne to go with them.
- If your valentine is a collector, what better valentines gift than exquisite piece to add to their collection.
- A book from their favourite author. Throw in a heartwarming bookmark as well.
- Instead of going out for dinner, purchase a treat and cook it at home.
- Last, but not least, my favourite. Give your valentines the gift of time. We never seem to have enough time to look after ourselves. This is especially true when you have children.
Speaking of kids, here are a few sites you should check out. There are free downloads for colouring, and crafts for DIY valentines.
Whatever you’re doing this February 14th, I hope you feel loved and cherished.