How often do you find a banana or two, browning on the kitchen counter. If your house is anything like mine, it happens on a regular basis. I’ll buy a bunch when I’m out grocery shopping. However, the moment a brown spot appears, no one reaches out for a banana to chow down on. It’s extremely frustrating.
Don’t throw them away though, toss them in the freezer. Once you have three, make this delicious banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts. It’s so moist, plus, it freezes well. If you’re not a fan of walnuts, or there’s an allergy in the family, omit the walnuts and add more chocolate chips.
Excuse the messy plate. This picture was taken after many pieces had already been gobbled up.
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup splenda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- In large bowl, mix together flour, splenda, bp, bs, salt
- add chocolate chips, walnuts and mix
- In seperate bowl mash bananas
- add butter, milk and eggs
- mix well
- pour banana mixture into dry mixture
- pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan (I used cooking spray)
- bake at 350 for 55 - 60 minutes