There is nothing I love more than warm weather and sunshine. Unless, of course, it’s pizza and pasta! Seriously, who just doesn’t want to devour it all the time? If I could, it would be on the menu more than once a week.
After tasting my pepperoni pizza spaghetti squash, I think I may just of made that happen. In the past, I’ve used spaghetti squash in the place of regular spaghetti and it’s worked out great. So, I figured, why not pizza? Of course, it doesn’t look like pizza, but it sure does taste like it! After all, that’s what we want, isn’t it, the taste?
Bonus is, this pizza is low carb. Therefore, if you’re worried about swimsuit weather, this can help. Personally, I’m not too worried about what I’ll look like in a swimsuit. I just want to get out on my deck and enjoy the sun! Hopefully, you’re going to love this dish as much as I love warm weather!
Pepperoni Pizza Sqaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 75g pizza pepperoni thinly sliced
- ¼ cup low fat ricotta cheese
- ⅔ cups shredded Italian cheese low fat
- ½ spaghetti sauce
- Pierce skin of spaghetti squash and bake @ 375 for 50 min
- remove from oven and cool to handle
- slice squash in two and remove seeds
- scrape some of the strands out of each squash
- divide ¼ cup spaghetti sauce between the two halves
- replace strands
- divide pepperoni into 3
- top strands with ⅓ pepperoni (divide between the two halves)
- top with ricotta
- add another layer of sauce
- add another layer of pepperoni
- top with shredded italian cheese
- top with remaining pepperoni
- return to 375 degree oven for 15 - 20 min